Tuesday, June 7, 2011

BORN AGAIN

Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again" (John 3:3).

I know when I was born. We all do. A birthday is just one of those things we commit to memory, and one of those things we celebrate (like it or not) year after year after year. It's a big deal. I remember when my children were born as well. A master of details I may not be; however, I most certainly remember how I felt watching my daughters come into the world. Absolutely amazing.

"Born again" is one of those phrases many people scoff at. It's easy to roll your eyes at something you either don't believe in or understand. I'll even acknowledge it's a bit humorous to think about, especially since we think of infants being born, but certainly not adults. Hey, I've been there. I'd venture to say most of us have.

There came a time when I realized that Jesus Christ is my Lord and my Savior. God's grace saved me. I would also say once I knew I was saved, I didn't feel born again. That journey continued for me until I understood through my actions that I was emotionally and even physically changed. It wasn't that I was somehow saved through my actions; rather, it was that I was simply and passionately pursuing Jesus with a willing heart.

I am born again. And, just as when I was born, I am maturing every single day.

It makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment