Sunday, May 15, 2011

INVITATIONS

We look for God and we don't always see Him because we aren't always paying attention.

A staff member where I'm an administrator came to me in my office, letting me know she had been praying for me since the loss of my sister. My struggles were obvious, and it had been on her heart to share her desire to pray with me. So, in the middle of the day, at a moment I was feeling at my lowest, God spoke through her as she put her hand on my shoulder and lifted me up through prayer. His timing is perfect.

She sent me a message over the weekend, asking me if I'd lead a prayer at the beginning of a tough week at work. Another staff member looking for some leadership that comes only from above. Seeking guidance, we gathered in my office, a group of colleagues understanding our strength comes from a single source. His timing is perfect.

We were in a place under repair and preparations to become our church building. Sharing our thoughts from our Bible reading, and about to discuss our challenges and prayer requests for the coming week, our small group was interrupted by a man carrying a Bible and a backpack. We prayed together in a place no one would have normally been at that time (let alone our group who never meets there), with a man who simply came in looking for some rest and support, for things only He can provide. His timing is perfect.

We look for God and we don't always see Him because we aren't always paying attention.

So, the challenging thing becomes
not to look for miracles, but finding where there isn't one
~ Peter Mayer 

No comments:

Post a Comment