Friday, April 1, 2011

LOVE WINS



I'm still hanging out on earth, I'm still loving Jesus, and I still believe I'm spending eternity with God because I've accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. All this, and I purchased Rob Bell's book, Love Wins, yesterday afternoon. Then, I read it yesterday evening and this morning. I haven't been struck down, my faith hasn't been shattered, and I'm born again. Even now. Still.

Here are my points ...

1. Read the book. Don't let others, including myself, tell you what it's about. Let Rob Bell tell you what it's about by actually reading the words he wrote and the Scripture he quotes.

2. Have an open mind. If you've made up your mind about what it's about and what's wrong or what's right with it, then you don't have an open mind.

3. Trust in God. He's bigger than Rob Bell and this book. He's bigger than you. He's bigger than everyone.

4. Be humble. Rob Bell doesn't have it all figured out. Neither do you. I know what I deserve, and I know what I've gained, and I know why. But, I don't have it all figured out either.

5. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment